Sliced Filet Mignon in Red Wine
In today's hectic life style many couples have little time to prepare food after a long day at work. Here is a recipe that can be ready in just over 10 minutes and paired with your favorite salad.
- 2 thick filets mignons (6-7 oz), sliced into halves
- 1 oz salted pork
- 1 large garlic clove, mashed
- ¼ cup sweet butter
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp Esser Pinot Noir, Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon
- 8 fresh parsley sprigs, leaves only, chopped fine
- Combine salted pork, garlic and butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the filets and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your preferred wine, cover and cook for another 2 minutes. Add parsley and shake the skillet.
- Place the filets on a warmed plate and strain the sauce over them.
I prefer to serve the steak with a fresh salad and rustic Italian bread.