Skip to main content
Trinidad and Tobago Style Chicken
Although I have never visited the island, I am fascinated about the rich culture and cuisine. A family friend of mine was based there and became an expert in preparing authentic island food. Here is a tasty, simple dish that is easy to prepare.
- 2½ lb Bone-in Chicken Pieces
- 2 Tbsptbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 packet (.18oz) Sazon Seasoning (can be used in many Latin dishes)
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 Bok Choy Stalks, chopped
- Stir together the garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, Sazon seasoning in a shallow dish. Coat chicken pieces throughly with the mixture.
- Heat a heavy skillet or Dutch over with a lid over medium heat for at least 3 minutes, sprinkle the sugar over the bottom of the pan, stir gently until it becomes liquid and starts to caramelize. Add the chicken, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, turn chicken pieces and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, cook for another 15-20 minutes , allowing the juices cook down until they are almost gone. Add the Bok Choy around the edges of the pan. Cook just until wilted.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Copyright© 2014-2017 Esser Vineyards & Appellation Ventures, LLC.