10 Minute Meal
This recipe is simple and you will be able to prepare in less than 15 minutes for as a many as 4 people when in a hurry.
- 8 sandwich slices of Tuscan garlic bread or other rustic bread
- 4 oz Esser
- 3 oz butter
- 16 oz prosciutto or any other available sandwich meat
- 8 slices of vine ripened tomatoes, seasoned with garlic salt
- 4 – 8 eggs
- 12 oz sliced cheese – sharp cheddar, Gruyere or smoked Gouda
- Parsley, chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Toast bread until golden brown. Place in shallow dish and dip toasted bread until well soaked. Remove and put an baking sheet while preheating oven to 400 degrees.
- Start frying 1-2 eggs per person in butter on medium heat (poaching in salt water is another option) and prepare sunny side up for about 3-4 minutes. Salt lightly.
- Cover bread with 2-3 slices prosciutto or your choice of meat, place seasoned sliced of tomatoes on top of meat, place fried eggs sunny side up on top of tomatoes. Cover with 2-3 slices of sharp cheddar or cheese of your choice. Place in oven for 5-6 minutes. When cheese has melted set oven on broiler for another 2 minutes and remove baking sheet when cheese starts to bubble.
- Place sandwiches on individual plates and serve at once. Top with chopped parsley and cracked black pepper to your liking.