Citrus-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Grilling Pork tenderloin is fun! It is easy to move around the grill and it cooks quickly. If it has been marinated in a somewhat sweet-and-spicy mixture, such as this one, its expansive surface area takes on robust flavors and a glistening glaze.
- 2 pork tenderloins, well trimmed ¾ to 1 lb each
- Vegetable oil for brushing cooking grate
For the Marinade
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- To make the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, hoisin sauce, vinegar, orange zest, chili sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and curry. Add the tenderloins to the bowl and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate minimum 3 or as long as 8 hours.
- Turn the grill to medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Lightly brush the cooking grate with vegetable oil.
- Remove the tenderloins from the marinade; wiping off any excess marinade before placing it on the grill indirectly over medium heat, turning once, until the center is barely pink for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloins from the grill, cover it with foil and let it rest for 3-4 minutes, carve into thick slices and serve immediately.