Skip to main content
Bahamian Seafood Casserole
One of the many favorite islands in the Caribbean is Bahamas. Friendly and always smiling Bahamians make you truly feel as family when stepping in their hotels and restaurants. Fabulous and tasty seafood from the deep blue waters make this a seafood lover's paradise. On one of my trips I met some locals and they extended an invitation to enjoy a family dinner with them. We started the day diving for conch shells and within one hour harvested enough for a dinner. Having prepared it a few times I also used crawfish or clams in place of conch, all depending on what is available fresh from the market.
- 2 cups Fresh Conch, ground
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Swiss Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, sliced
- 2 cups Bread Crumbs
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, sliced
- Garlic Salt
- Dissolve cheese in cream under low temperature.
- In a buttered casserole dish, arrange one layer of tomatoes, sliced garlic, green peppers and conch evenly. Spoon cream sauce over first layer. Repeat process a second time.
- Cover with bread crumbs, season with garlic salt and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1 1½ hours.
Copyright© 2014-2017 Esser Vineyards & Appellation Ventures, LLC.