Steamed Mussels with Black bean and Chili Sauce
Different type of mussels can be found around the world and my most favorite ones come from the cold water of the Pacific Northwest. It is easy to prepare and takes little time to put in front of family and friends.
- 2 doz. Mussels
- 8 Tbsp Oriental fermented black beans (soaked, rinsed and mashed)
- 4 pieces leek, whites only
- 2 red peppers cut julienne style
- 2 yellow peppers, cut julienne style
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 tsp chili paste
- 4 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 cups white wine
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Steam mussels in 1 cup of white wine and 2 tablespoons of butter. Once shells open, remove top shell and prepare sauce.
- Arrange open faced mussels around plate, place stir fried vegetable in center and top with sauce.
- Saute black beans with remaining butter. Add ginger, garlic, white wine, oyster sauce and chili paste.
- Serve sauce over steamed mussels.
- Stir fry leeks with yellow and red peppers for 5-7 minutes.