Yellow Fin Tuna Nicoise
Over the years I made a number of trips to Hawaii and always learned more about food prepared by the locals. On one of the trips a spent a day in the kitchen of a retired chef and he helped me to get familiar with some of the island specialties.
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz tuna
- 8 oz Haricots verts
- 8 oz white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, julienne
- 1 med potato, cooked and sliced
- 3 oz capers
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan, shaved
- 6 oz balsamic vinaigrette
- Mix all ingredients together but add oil slowly until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Season tune and sear in hot skillet on all sides, but leave pink in the middle.
- Let cool and slice in medallions.
- Arrange on center of chilled plate.
- Toss all vegetables with vinaigrette and arrange on plate. Season to taste.