Skip to main content
Mushroom Soup - Surinam Island
Over the years I had the pleasure to taste many different mushroom soups from around the globe. This is a simple recipe courtesy of the Surinam Island Culinary Team.
- ½ stick butter
- 5 oz. flour, sieved
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pack fresh seasonal mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 5 oz. reach cream
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat, add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Cut mushrooms into slices and sauté them along as they shrink. Add the flour and stir in well, add the broth and bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for for another 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving add cream and whisk gently in the serving bowl, top with cilantro and serve with roasted garlic bread on the side.
Copyright© 2014-2017 Esser Vineyards & Appellation Ventures, LLC.