Eurasian Prosciutto-wrapped Shrimp
Eurasian Prosciutto-wrapped Shrimp is simple and takes little time. It can be made as a main course or as an appetizer.
- 16 large (11–15 count) fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (short tail on)
- 1 lemon
- 8 slices prosciutto cut in half lengthwise
- Cilantro for garnish
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp chili with garlic sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely minced
- ½ tsp Chinese Five-spices
- Pinch of turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium bowl combine all marinade ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Rinse shrimp under cold water and dry off with paper towels. Place shrimp in bowl and mix well with marinade. Put in refrigerator for 45-60 minutes and stir two to three more times.
- Cut slices of prosciutto in half, remove shrimp from bowl and wrap prosciutto around center of each shrimp.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, place shrimp in shallow casserole dish and place on top rack. Bake for 5 minutes, turn over shrimp and drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the top. Bake for another 3-4 minutes and remove from oven.
- Arrange shrimp on platter and garnish with sliced lemon and cilantro.