Fresh Crabmeat Sautéed in Cream Sherry
With the popularity of Tapas from Latin countries smaller dishes of appetizers are preferred by many diners today. While in Annapolis a few years ago I visited an outdoor food festival and found this savory dish along with a recipe.
- 6 Tbsp sweet butter
- 1 lb fresh Maryland lump crabmeat
- 6 Tbsp good cream sherry
- 10 fresh parsley sprigs, leaves only, chopped fine
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place butter in a sauté skillet on medium heat.
- Add crabmeat and sherry, and sauté slowly for about 5 minutes. Add parsley, red pepper and a sprinkle of salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over toast.