At the 2015 Taste of the Caribbean event in Miami, I found this wonderful snapper ceviche recipe by Irie Spice, a catering company in Miami. I enjoyed the taste of the Caribbean and asked them for the recipe. This simple and light dish should take less than 15 minutes to prepare.
- 1 lb Fresh Snapper (no skin and bones)
- ¾ cup Lime Juice
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- ¼ cup Medium Diced Mangos (ripe but firm)
- ¼ cup Diced Red and Green Peppers
- ¼ tsp Chopped Ginger
- ¼ tsp Diced Jalapeños
- ¼ cup Red Onions (julienned)
- 1 tsp Thyme Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Cilantro Sprigs and Plantain Chips for garnish
- Dice snapper fillets into 1/2 inch cubes, place in a bowl and add a quarter of the lime and orange juice.
- Place the bowl in another larger bowl with ice for 15 minutes, calling allowing snapper to marinade and cool down.
- Drain snapper pieces and place in a medium fresh bowl.
- Add chopped vegetables and fruit.
- Add remaining fresh lime and orange juice, salt and pepper to taste, and rough chopped cilantro.
- Mix together all ingredients and spoon into a large martini glasses. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and plantain chips.