One of the well known Italian dishes that I had the pleasure to eat many times over the years. Each time I came away from the table with preparing it my own way. Here is my recipe for you and your family to enjoy.
- ½ lb thin noodles or fettucini
- 1 garlic, mashed
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, leaves only
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp fresh sweet butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot chicken stock
- ½ cup cream, warmed
- ¼ cup Esser Sauvignon Blanc or
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken (from wings,legs etc.)
- 8 thin slices of breast (from poached chicken)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, chopped
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, and drain.
- Chop garlic and parsley together. Place olive oil in a heavy skillet, heat on medium. Add mushrooms, bay leaf, garlic and parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly for 4-5 minutes; stir. Place the butter in another sauce pan, melt, and add the flour; blend well. Add hot chicken stock, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; add cream and wine, stir well.
- Place drained noodles in a buttered oven proof casserole, spoon mushroom mixture over the noodles, and arrange chicken over mushrooms.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for maximum 15 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and broil for 2 minutes, or until a brown crust appears. Remove and sprinkle parsley on top.