Prosciutto is an Italian-style ham that has been seasoned, typically salt-cured, and air-dried rather than smoked. It is cut paper thin, wrapped around different type of foods such as large shrimp and benefits from quick grilling.
Metal skewers (or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1½ Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 paper-thin slices prosciutto
- Olive oil for brushing shrimp
- In a medium dish, combine the shrimp, garlic, dill and pepper. Toss the shrimp to coast them lightly.
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half lengthwise. Wrap each shrimp with a half slice of prosciutto, than thread into the end of the skewer. Lightly brush the shrimp with olive oil.
- Grill the shrimp on a pre-heated grill over medium heat, turning once, until just opaque, about 4 minutes total.
- Serve warm in tall glass filled with colorful marbles.