Medallions of Veal
Veal can be found in many European restaurants and can be considered one of the easiest meats to work with. There are many dishes that can be prepared in just minutes without spending much time on prep or cooking. This simple but savory dish can be prepared in mere minutes in any kitchen.
- 10 oz veal loin, trimmed and cut into 4 medallions
- 2 pieces oyster mushroom, cut in half
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 button mushrooms, cut in half
- 8 pieces of lime leaves
- 2 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 oz Esser
- 2 oz veal stock
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté veal medallions on medium-high heat remove from pan and add mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Remove from pan, and then add chopped shallots and only 4 of the lime leaves, chopped. Deglaze with wine, add veal stock and reduce heat.
- Finish sauce with two tablespoons of butter and strain.
- Arrange mushrooms in the center of the plate, between the medallions. Place lime leaf butter around items and garnish with the remaining whole lime leaves (you may serve with seasonal vegetables, rice or fine noodles).