Veal Chops Provençal
Provence is another picturesque region of France that is well known for its fine cuisine and food–friendly wines. While presenting at a food and wine symposium, Josephine Araldo, well known for her simple but tasty recipes from many regions of her home country, introduced a wonderful dish that can be prepared with very little time in the kitchen.
- 3-4 medium size yellow onions, sliced
- 1 cup Esser
- 6 veal chops, well trimmed
- ½ cup veal or beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small can of black olives, sliced
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Sauté onions in butter until transparent over medium heat. Stir in ½ Tbsp flour and half the . Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lightly flour the veal chops and saut? in butter over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add remaining along with broth and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add a few black olives, then transfer with chops to a platter and surround with onions. Sprinkle with parsley. I like to serve in the summer time with grilled home grown tomatoes.