Veal Scaloppine Picatta
On festive occasion my mother always enjoyed preparing dishes that did not require her to spend hours in the kitchen, allowing her to socialize with the family. Her recipe can be prepared by just about anyone, including a novice.
- 1½ - 2 lb veal cut from the leg or the fillet
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp fresh creamery butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1½ fresh lemons
- 10 fresh parsley sprigs, leaves only, chopped fine
- Cut the veal into ½-inch thick slices and pound very thin.
- Dip the slices into flour, shaking off any excess.
- Place the butter in a large sauté skillet, heat on medium. Add the veal and brown on both sides on high heat. Add salt and pepper and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Shake the skillet; add lemon juice and parsley and cook for another minute; stir well.
- Serve at once on hot plates and spoon the sauce over the veal. I prefer to serve with mashed potatoes.